Nissan Usa - 2008 Nissan Versa - purchased from Downtown Nashville Nissan

Update added by user May 19, 2015

I provided all of the service documentation to my Insurance company.No one serviced my 2008 Nissan Versa except the Dealership, Downtown Nashville Nissan.

The Engineer from Nissan North America in Smyrna TN inspected my vehicle and would not admit to manufacturer fault. Joey Ruff, Litigator who used to work at Nissan North American Headquarters advised me not to hire an Attorney. According to Joey Ruff, he would just waste my money because Nissan was not responsible for the engine fire. Nissan North American would do anything possible not to be responsible for any defaults in their cars.

Example; Takata air bag issue, Nissan uses Takata air bags in their vehicles. Have you as a Customer been notified yet.... I am sure not.

That is just the way they work.I know because I used to work there!

Original review posted by user May 19, 2013

On November 4, 2012 while driving down the road, my engine stopped running and my 2008 Nissan Versa.My engine was on fire and burned the engine compartment completely.

My 2008 Nissan Versa had been fully serviced by the Dealership I purchased it from, Downtown Nashville Nissan. I reported this issue to Nissan Corporate Headquarters and also the Dealership neither would take responsibility of the problem.

I learned the engine catching on fire was a problem for the 2007-2009 Nissan Versa's.Nissan Corporate settled out of court with my Insurance company, but they still will not admit there is a problem with the Nissan Versa.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 6 Yes 6
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 19 #1146805

I was driving my friend Nissan 07 Versa when they call Fire we were driving on the expressway when I heard a big boom in a lot of smoke I pulled to the side and we have only seconds to get out the car before the hood of the car burst in flames then the whole car exploded

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Nissan Usa. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Nissan Usa.
Filing a new complaint about